Endovascular Surgery Department was opened by Medpark International Hospital in order to bring to Moldova the latest treatment methods applied in top Western clinics, at the most affordable price. The proposed treatments allow patients to approach their medical problems in a very short time and with minimum intervention on their body. Endovascular surgery is a modern surgery method, which is minimally invasive, performed without any incisions, through small punctures in the skin, under radiologic visual control. It is applied in numerous fields: angiology and vascular pathologies, gynecology, neurology and neurosurgery, oncology, urology and general surgical interventions.
The endovascular method is less traumatic, more efficient and more accessible than the traditional surgeries. The techniques of endovascular surgery allow doctors to successfully treat a variety of diseases through incisions of less than 2 mm. In most cases, the intervention doesn’t require general anesthesia, and the local anesthesia is applied on the spot of the puncture, in order to perform the endovascular surgery. This allows performing the surgery even on patients with severe diseases, to whom the treatment through classical surgery is inadvisable. Since after the surgery there are no stitches and wounds, in most cases the patients can be discharged within 1-3 days after the surgery.
The pain and the recovery period after such an intervention are significantly reduced.Now, in order to receive the best health care services, the patients no longer need to go abroad, away from their loved ones. Focusing on applied medicine, we use only modern treatment methods that have proven to be effective in numerous researches in the field, and we bring together the best specialists in Moldova and abroad, with extensive experience in the field.
To achieve our goal, we have everything required: emergency unit for medical first aid on duty 24/7, operating rooms equipped to perform the most complex minimally invasive procedures, resuscitation department, comfortable lounges for one or two people, specialized non-stop monitoring.
1. ENDOVASCULAR SURGERY IN ANGIOLOGY AND VASCULAR PATHOLOGIES:
- Balloon angioplasty and stents placement in the main and peripheral arteries of the upper and lower limbs;
- Balloon angioplasty and stents placement in the aortic branches (celiac trunk, mesenteric arteries, renal arteries)
- Endovascular treatment of patients with arterial complications of diabetes (chronic ischemia, critical ischemia, acute ischaemia and diabetic foot);
- Placing of endographs (stent-grafts) in visceral and peripheral artery aneurysms;
- Regional catheter thrombolysis in acute arterial thrombosis;
- Regional catheter thrombolysis in acute thrombosis of central veins;
- Balloon angioplasty and stent placement in deep veins in post-thrombotic syndrome;
- Placement of a temporary or a permanent inferior vena cava filter in patients with pulmonary arterial thromboembolis.
2. ENDOVASCULAR SURGERY IN NEUROSURGERY AND NEUROLOGY:
- Angioplasty and embolization of carotid arteries in primary and secondary prophylaxis of stroke;
- Spiral occlusion of cerebral artery aneurysms;
- Arteriovenous malformation embolization;
- Carotid cavernous fistula closure.
3. ENDOVASCULAR SURGERY IN ONCOLOGY:
- Mounting a chemo port for long-term systematic chemotherapy;
- Mounting an arterial catheter for chemotherapy that selectively targets tumors on long term;
- Chemoembolisation of tumors and liver metastases;
- Chemoembolisation of prostate cancer;
- Embolization of tumors in order to stop the bleeding.
- Treatment of uterine fibroid through uterine artery embolization (UAE);
- Uterine artery embolization (UAE) in case of uterine angiodysplasia;
- End of bleeding (gynecology, post-partum);
- Uterine artery embolization (UAE) in the treatment of adenomyosis (in combination with myoma or separately);
- Uterine artery embolization (UAE) in obstetric practice in abnormalities of the placenta;
- Ovarian vein embolization in case of varicoceles (chronic pelvic pain syndrome).
5. ENDOVASCULAR SURGERY IN UROLOGY:
- Vein embolization in case of varicocele;
- Prostatic artery embolization for prostate cancer;
- Embolization to stop hemorrhage in urological interventions.
6. ENDOVASCULAR METHODS IN SURGERY:
- Balloon Angioplasty and mesenteric artery stenting in abdominal ischemic syndrome;
- Spleen embolization in patients with hypersplenism;
- Super-selective or selective catheter placement for antibiotic therapy;
- Permanent dialysis catheter placement;
- Balloon Angioplasty and stenting of stenosis, structures and fistula in arteriovenous thrombosis.
The hospital’s modern methods and equipment enable efficient treatment of the patients with cardiovascular, oncological, neurological, gynecological and urological diseases. Because we are specialized in all the methods of treatment, we apply a complex and individual approach in treating our patients. We constantly strive to offer our patients the most comfortable atmosphere possible and a rapid treatment.
Make an appointment to the endovascular surgeon calling to 022 40 00 40 (available 24/24)