The Medpark International Hospital is the first and the biggest multidisciplinary private hospital in the country. Designed as a center of excellence, the hospital provides the complete range of medical services, having on an area of 12 500 m2 all the necessary infrastructure for the investigation, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of patients, all in one place:
In the modern building with 6 floors of the hospital are located:
- 1st Floor (B) – Polyclinic and the employees zone (cafeteria, locker)
- 1st Floor – Reception, Polyclinic, Emergency Unit, Laboratory, Imaging, Pharmacy
- 2nd Floor – Surgery block, Intensive care unit, Birth rooms
- 3rd Floor – Inpatient: Obstetrics and Gynecology, Pediatrics
- 4th Floor – Inpatient: Surgery
- 5th Floor – Polyclinic, Inpatient: Surgery
Accessing medpark services
How can you make an appointment:
- By phone: For an appointment please call the hospital call-center at: 022-40 00 40 (24/7)
- Online: For online appointments follow the link.
- In person: To make an appointment for a doctor consultation, medical investigations, analyzes or hospitalization please approach to the Medpark reception. Our staff will assist you by giving you the necessary information and support and will direct you to the proper specialist for a consultation or a possible hospitalization.
- Auto-addressing: For emergencies, please approach the Medpark Emergency Unit, which is on call 24 of 24 hours, 7 days a week. The multidisciplinary team of Medpark Emergency Unit is ready to solve any medical emergencies, to address acute and chronic patients, including those, which are hemodynamically unstable, both adults and children. The following specialists are always on call: therapist-cardiologist, surgeon, pediatrician, anesthetist-reanimatologist, obstetrician-gynecologist and neonatologist, supported by specially trained nurses and staff in the field. If necessary, the team is completed in the shortest time with other specialists.
Call-Center: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Phone number: 022 40 00 40 (24/7)
Emergency Unit: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Hospital: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Polyclinic: Monday – Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Saturday: 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Laboratory working program
Medpark International Hospital offers a full range of laboratory services. The laboratory is designed and equipped with the last generation devices, which satisfy even the highest demands of quality and precision.
We have an integrated laboratory information system and online connection for the devices to the information system, so the data can be easily accessed by Medpark doctors prescribing the treatment. All results are archived and kept in electronic form.
Upon request, the laboratory results can be sent electronically to the e-mail of the patient, excepting confidential ones, which require personal presence.
Laboratory working program:
Working program: Monday – Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.; Saturday: 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Reception of biological material is performed during the working program. Exceptions are microbiological samples, they have to be collected until 10:00 a.m.
- Releasing the results: depending on the investigation, the period for results delivery is different and it is indicated individually on the payment account to each investigation.
- Prior appointment for laboratory analysis is not necessarily required.
- Blood samples are taken in the morning, preferably on empty stomach, because during night there are significant variations. At the doctor’s prescription, some specific blood tests (ex: cortisol) will be collected at a specific time.
- In situations when drug administration can not be avoided prior to blood collection, this should be brought to the attention of laboratory staff and of the physician interpreting the results.
- If you have been taking medication for a long time (including vitamins or energizers), tell the doctor who interprets the results.
- After completing blood collection by venous puncture, follow the advices of the nurse: do not bend your forearm and apply pressure to the puncture site for 5 minutes.
- Hold your arm down and do not frighten the place where your blood was taken.
- Do not clothe your coat and lift weights (including bag or briefcase) until the bleeding has stopped.
- If the bleeding lasts more than 5 minutes, tell the nurse.
Emergency laboratory investigations are done on the recommendation of an emergency doctor.
Working program of medical imaging:
Department of Radiology and Medical Imaging of Medpark International Hospital provides:
- MRI, 1.5 Tesla
- Computerized Tomography
- Digital Radiology (including whole body scan)
- Ultrasonography + Color Doppler
Working program: Monday – Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.; Saturday: 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Prior appointment for medical imaging is recommended.
Prices for emergency imaging services are higher by 30% than standard rates.
Emergency working program: Monday – Friday: 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 a.m.; Saturday – Sunday: 2:00 p.m. – 8:00 a.m.
Emergency imaging services are done on the recommendation of an emergency doctor.
Preparing for investigations
Medpark multidisciplinary hospital is structured based on the innovative concept of a hotel with hospital services. Thus, our wards offer inpatient 5-star conditions, while being equipped with smart technologies and devices for medical care of patients at the highest level.
The wards of the hospital offer absolute privacy and comfort, providing the following facilities: air conditioning, TV satellite, Internet, refrigerator, telephone, bathroom with shower and toilet, folding armchair, that can be used at night in maximum comfort conditions by a visitor, and other services required by the patient. In addition, VIP lounges feature a separate room adjacent to the salon of the patient, which can be used by the patient’s family members or visitors.
The comfort and safety of our patients are our core priorities.
Prior scheduling for hospitalization in Medpark is one of our requirements under the Regulation, as patients are admitted to hospital either by appointment or by emergency admission to Emergency unit or polyclinic.
The hospitalization process is an integral part of treatment and monitoring. Our goal is to give you the security you need, to understand your needs and to help you install in the most comfortable way.
Planned hospitalization is performed according to the schedule set by the doctor, often during the workday. Reception staff will register your admission and will help you to fill in your documentation.
Urgent hospitalization is done by the Medpark Emergency Unit, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Packing for the hospital
During hospitalization, Medpark provides each patient hospitalization packages, which include bath, face and hands towels, a set of bathroom slippers, shampoo, soap, shower gel, toilet paper, sterile sets for medical procedures, lingerie bed sets.
In order to feel entirely comfortable throughout the hospitalization period, we suggest you to have additional:
- Pajamas, bathrobe or comfortable clothing;
- Room slippers;
- Hygiene products (toothpaste, toothbrush, comb, razor etc.).
- ID card, personal information and medical insurance
- Long-term medication
Attention! It is strictly prohibited to bring:
- Food, including prepared food (because we respect hygiene and the patient safety);
- Alcohol and tobacco products;
- Valuables, jewelry, large amounts of money. You can put them in the storage;
- Devices such as radios, because we want to ensure our patients a tranquil environment, without noise.
Please be advised that the hospital does not provide laundry services for patients.
Please note that the hospital administration does not take on responsibility for the patient’s personal belongings.
Health care team
On admission to the ward, one of the nurses on call will help you acclimate and the on duty doctor will complete your medical record.
Please be informed that each bed is equipped with a call system, so that in case of need, you can call to receive assistance.
During hospitalization, drugs will be administered in the lounge. If you are prescribed bed regime, you will be accompanied to procedures by a nurse.
Additionally, you have a health care team composed of:
- a doctor in charge of the treatment that will follow the progress of your recovery and will decide the date of your discharge;
- a nurse who will administer you the necessary medicines;
- the chief of nurses, responsible for organizing the nurses activity;
- a physiotherapist in charge of medical recovery;
- a nutritionist, in cases specified by the responsible physician for treatment.
For a faster health recovery, Medpark International Hospital provides four meals a day during the entire period of hospitalization. The menu is provided separately for each patient, after a prior medical evaluation, depending on the diet required for recovery.
Since most of the cases require a diet, but also in order to avoid food poisoning or contraindicated food intake, the consumption of other meals than those offered by the hospital is prohibited.
Meals are served in the lounge, according to the following schedule:
- Breakfast – 8:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.
- Lunch – 2:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Dinner – 6:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Snack – 9:00 p.m.
Attendants of the hospitalized patients may require food (standard menu, with room delivery) by addressing to the reception floor. The meals of attendants are additionally payed at the discharge.
The discharge occurs on the day prescribed by the physician responsible for the patient’s treatment. Post-operative care will be planned according to individual needs of the patient.
Before the discharge from the hospital please make sure that:
- you received instructions for further treatment after discharge from the doctor and nurses;
- you have the necessary recommendations and recipes for medicines and analyzes;
- you set up the necessary appointments after the discharge;
- you have received medical certificates, if you need them;
- you’ve got all your personal belongings, including those from the storage.
Comments and Suggestions
We hope that our patients feel as comfortable as possible during hospitalization. Your opinion on the quality of services offered within Medpark International Hospital is important to us – be it regards, suggestions or complaints.
If you wish to make a complaint, please talk to a member of the staff in the ward or department where you have identified the problem. The staff will make every effort and will take all the necessary measures to address the problem. If, however, the solutions do not fit your expectations, please contact our hospital’s Quality Service.
In each ward, you have available “Survey on the inpatient satisfaction” forms and “Forms for patient’s suggestions, complaints”. Please fill out these questionnaires and forms (which are confidential) and enter them into specially designed boxes, which are placed on each floor.