The Medpark Department of Otorhinolaryngology (ENT) is in charge of the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the ear, nose, sinuses, pharynx and larynx.
The Medpark International Hospital offers high quality services and is equipped with modern devices, according to the latest technologic trends in the field. Here you will have an individual approach, a complex and multidisciplinary examination, with subsequent indications and therapeutic or surgical treatment.
Surgeries can be performed individually or in teams, with the participation of specialists from other areas, using the classical method, as well as by radiofrequency or cold plasma.
Surgical treatments for ENT pathologies available at Medpark:
- Deviation of the nasal septum (septoplasty);
- Hypertrophic chronic rhinitis (radiofrequency coagulation of the nasal turbinates);
- Chronic tonsillitis (tonsillectomy with bipolar forceps use);
- Tonsils and adenoids hypertrophy (Adenotonsillectomy with bipolar forceps use);
- Peritonsillar abscess (incision and drainage);
- Nasal bone fracture (repositioning of the nasal bones);
- Nasal dysmorphia (rhinoplasty);
- Uvulopalatoplasty (treatment of the snoring);
- Otoplasty (ear correction);
- Adenectomy (children);
- Acute pathology of the pharynx (abscess, phlegmon);
- Excision of the lingual frenulum (ankyloglossia);
- Ablation of large formations (benign).
- Laryngeal papillomatosis;
- Surgery of benign formations of the larynges;
- Cervical cyst;
- Ablation of atheroma, lipoma.
The audiologist is the specialist who deals with the diagnosis and treatment of ear disorders. The reason to visit an audiologist is to reduce the complete disappearance of hearing. After extensive questioning, your doctor performs audiometry, which serves to detect the degree of hearing acuity. After receiving all the necessary information, in collaboration with ENT physician, the audiologist choose the most appropriate method of treatment.
Available audiologic investigations:
- Tone audiometry;
- Voice audiometry;
Therapeutic and surgical treatments available at Medpark for ear pathologies:
- Audiological exam (children and adults);
- Removal of foreign bodies from the ear;
- Ear wax removal with microsuction;
- Minimally-invasive eardrum surgery;
- Inflammatory pathology of the ear;
- Medium ear irrigation;
- Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Pavilion (otoplasty).
Why choose the Medpark Department of Otorhinolaryngology:
- A team of experienced doctors with a special and individual attitude towards patients;
- Endoscopic equipment, which helps to establish a correct diagnosis and offers the patient the opportunity to view the problem;
- Minimally invasive surgical treatment (using nasal splints for septoplasty);
- General anesthesia (highly specialized) that ensures minimal hemorrhage in intraoperative and postsurgical period, therefore – a low rate of complications;
- Surgery is performed with both general and local anesthesia;
- Length of the stay is between 1 and 2 days;
- Room for a single patient (and a companion, if desired), equipped with WiFi, TV, individual bathroom.