Orthopedics and traumatology
Medpark International Hospital is the first private hospital in Moldova that developed a Bone & Joint Center fully equipped and prepared for diagnosis and treatment of locomotor disorders. Within the center, the patients benefit from a full range of orthopedics and traumatology services, as well as from advanced services in rheumatology and vertebrology subspecialties.
The center is organized according to international standards in terms of medical protocols, comfort and modern equipment, offering integrated treatment solutions, but also a pleasant space in which patients can feel safe and have a fast recovery in the best conditions.
Orthopedics and traumatology are the basic directions of our hospital’s activity due to specialized surgical interventions in traumatic and non-traumatic problems of the musculoskeletal system.
The doctors specialized in orthopedics and trauma provide patients information and recommendations for the prevention and treatment of problems of the musculoskeletal system (bones, muscles, joints, ligaments and tendons).
The most common musculoskeletal disorders are:
- Injuries pathology: fractures, sports trauma related injuries, inflammatory disorders (inflammatory disorder is not necessarily related to trauma);
- Knee pathology: gonarthrosis, cruciate ligament damage, meniscus injuries;
- Hip pathology: coxarthrosis, avascular necrosis.
Orthopedic assessment includes:
- Primary consultation (examination of the patient);
- Laboratory and functional investigations (laboratory analysis, joint fluid examina-tion, X-rays, CT, MRI, etc.);
- Repeated consultation (examination of the patient after treatment or indicated investigations);
- Development of the treatment plan.
At Medpark the following traumatology and orthopedic surgeries are performed:
- Diagnostic and curative arthroscopy;
- Surgical and orthopedic treatment of fractures using minimally invasive techniques;
- Hip and knee prosthesis;
- Hallux valgus (deformed bone);
- Pathology of the vertebral column.
Reasons to choose Medpark surgery center:
- Intraoperative C-arm (Rx-TV) – modern radiographic device that allows intraoperative control;
- Anesthesiologists have narrow specialization and manage very well locoregional anesthesia;
- Minimally invasive surgeries;
- Quick recovery;
- Postoperative care at international standards;
- The most experienced and effective team, led by dr. Viorel Vetrilă;
- Endoscopic equipment at high standards;
- At Medpark hospital after orthopedic interventions a complex and rapid rehabilitation treatment is offered, physiotherapy and kinetotherapy procedures applied depending on the condition of the patient;
- The possibility of intraoperative digital radiography, for the control of the position of the operated bone;
- Operating theaters equipped at international standards, with: maximum sterility, HEPA air filters (sterile air), laminar air flow, control volume and quality, hermetic doors, panel control of operation room;
Surgical fixation of fractures of all types;
- Fully equipped orthopedic surgery rooms;
- All types of anesthesia;
- A team of anesthetists – professional intensive care unit (ICU), if necessary;
- Cell-saver: auto-transfusion system. The blood is re-infused into the patient so no contact with foreign blood, which can be risky for the body;
- Hemofiltration device exclusively for cleaning the patient’s blood.